It is that time of year again and the roads are busy and dangerous, staying safe on the roads for everyone this time of the year is very important. Distracted driving is estimated to be a factor of almost 50% of all car accidents on the roads. Always driving safely on the roads is not only better for the driver but also to all the other road users on the roads.
Here are some safety tips on staying safe on the road this festive season:
- Drinking and driving is a crime and you should never consume alcohol when driving.
- Obey the speed limit on the roads always.
- Do not use or speak on a phone while driving.
- Always make sure that the vehicle is always road worthy.
- Do not miss any car services that are due.
- Adjust mirrors and controls of a car before driving.
- Always make sure that everyone in the vehicle is buckled up.
- Keep a safe following distance from other vehicles always.
- Stop and take breaks when driving long distances.
- Plan your journey well in advance.
Road safety tips:
You should always be alert and aware of any pedestrians or cyclists on the roads when driving. By following these safety tips on how to stay safe on the roads you can avoid becoming another statistic on the roads.
Learn how to avoid becoming another statistic on the roads and help us all to make the roads better altogether by just following these safety tips from Pace car Rental.