The festive season is just around the corner and pace car rental has decided to put together some tips on travelling with your baby during the Christmas festive season:
Does your baby sleep well in the car while travelling? If so, plan your travel time with a nap or bedtime so that your baby can sleep through part of your travel journey.
It is advisable to plan to stop along the way the longer your baby is strapped in the car chair he or she is more likely to get annoyed, uncomfortable and fussier. Planning a few stops along the way can keep everyone in a better mind frame.
Items to take along in the car with you:
- Window shades to protect your baby from the sharp sun and create a darker atmosphere.
- A cooler box to keep cold drinks cold.
- A bottle warmer if needed.
- Baby Music.
- Movie on a cell phone, tablet or laptop can keep little ones entertained.
Preparing the car:
If two adults are travelling with, one adult can sit at the back with the baby or you could make turns. If not decorate the bag of the car with plenty of baby toys to keep your baby occupied.
If you plan to have someone sit next to the baby, then provide that person with a box of toys which will entertain your little one. Distractions work really well to keep a baby happy in a car.
Car Travel Checklist that you are going to need:
- A well-stocked up nappy bag
- Baby blanket
- Car seat pillow
- Window shades
- Change of clothes for your baby close by
- Toys and books
- Baby food, snacks and drinks
- Sipper cups
- Cooler box
- Wet washcloths/wet wipes
- Empty plastic bags for rubbish
- Bottle warmer
- Cell phone/charger
- First aid kit
- Jumper cables
- Money/wallet/purse/identification/ driver’s license
- Medical aid card
- Baby carrier/pram
- Suitcase for all your clothing and toiletries
If you have carefully planned your trip and prepared your vehicle, you are in the right direction to the perfect holiday away this Christmas festive season.
See our affordable car rentals available.