At Pace Car Rental, your safety is very important to us. We have put together some suggestions to ensure that you and your passengers stay safe on the roads at all times.
- Avoid driving in bad weather caused by heavy rains, fog, and hail. Stop your vehicle and find a safe area to wait until the weather improves.
- Always ensure that you and your passengers have their seatbelts on throughout the journey.
- Do not get distracted by your mobile phone. You can always respond once you have arrived safely.
- Stay within the speed limit.
- Intersections are tricky. Always look a third and a fourth time before you proceed through any intersection.
- Follow all the rules of road. Do not try to “enforce” them by trying to contest right of way.
- Look out for animals and objects in the road – especially when driving at night on roads that are not well-illuminated.
- If you are feeling drowsy, stop immediately and get enough rest or get help from one of your passengers who is also a licensed driver. Always start long journeys feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. If possible, try to split longer journeys over two days by spending the night at a bed and breakfast along the way.
- Check your blind spot before you change direction. When you make lane changes, avoid driving in the blind spot of another driver.
- Do not drink and drive. Alcohol greatly impairs your ability to drive and make decisions.
Planning a trip? Be sure to have a look at our amazing long term car rental rates in Johannesburg, Cape Town, and Port Elizabeth. If you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact our expert and friendly reservations team via email at email@example.com or call 011 262 5500. Stay safe with Pace!