Are you a first time festival goer from Cape Town or beyond attending OppiKoppi?
No worries – Pace Car Rental in Johannesburg has all the tips that will make your festival experience one worth coming back for!
In case anyone from work asks you “What’s OppiKoppi”?
Here are 5 facts to help you answer this besides “Roadtrip!”
- OppiKoppi is the biggest multiple day music festival in South Africa.
- It takes place in the Limpopo Province near the mining town of Northam.
- Established in May 1994 with only 2000 attendees, to what has now substantially grown to a festival with many stages and an excess of 20,000 people attending each year.
- This festival is said to have boosted the South African rock music scene in the 90’s – it has since evolved into offering more genres including hip hop, drum ‘n bass, kwaito, indie, house among the list, it hosts more than 150 international and South African music and entertainment acts.
- “Oppikoppi” is a colloquial abbreviation of the Afrikaans phrase “op die koppie” – which directly translated means “on the hill” – this is because it takes place on a dusty camp farm on a hill.
Before the trip you will need an affordable car rental that will get you and your peeps from A to B
Here’s how you can get it right with the best car rental in Johannesburg:
- Log on to www.pacecarrental.co.za / email email@example.com or call 011 262 5500
- Select your dates, times and car rental choice for the trip – in our opinion, because of the stray logs, dust, rocks and broken bottles in that area we recommend either a bakkie rental or sweet SUV rental.
- Select ‘Book Now’! – And you’re done. An awesome reservation agent will reply with your car rental booking confirmation and help you complete your booking.
At Pace Car Rental we also offer a GPS Navigation system in case you get lost on your way, and for those without credit cards, no stress, payment for your car hire can be done through EFT, cash* or debit card because we do cash car rental– epic!
Things you will need to pack for your trip before collecting your vehicle
- Your ticket
- Sleeping bag
- Strong Wellingtons / rain boots
- Warm night attire
- Roll mat
- Medical supplies
- Extra clothes – (it’s really dusty)
- Money/cards – kept safe at all times
- Food, snacks and refreshments
- Water!! – Stay hydrated
- Campchairs for the late night campfires
And you’re set to make great new memories with old and some new friends!
And just in case you come back to normal life to a faulty car after your time away – don’t even sweat it, Pace Car Rental has long-term car rental options too.
So either way you’re sorted with Pace Car Rental if you’re headed to your next out of town festival!
#carrental #carhire #johannesburg #cashcarhire #cashcarrental #bakkiehire #bakkierental #suvhire #suvrental #longterm #vanhire #vanrental #oppikoppi #festival #roadtrips